Friday 11 January 2013

My projects

This is a picture of my project bench.
Which is a change to now have a computer with i2c , spi and gpio support , and have full Linux instead of having to program in c or c++ like my other embedded platforms. ( Arduino , Fltyport )

I using a Raspberry Pi , which is hidden under my soldering iron unit in the photo.
on one breadboard directly connected to the Pi is a mcp3008 which is a spi , analogue to digital convertor,  a level shifter connected to a second breadboard feed with a external 5 volt power supply , so keep the 3.3 volt and the 5 volt chip on separate breadboards.
The second breadboard contains a mcp23017 i2c expander chip , half of the chip is been used for input via switches and the other half connected to a ULN2803a  , Darlington transistor array to power two rbg leds .

My two project which I`m playing with right now is :-

1/ MPC controller .
2/ Weather station / monitor .

The Music Player Daemon controller , which is finished unless I need to add a little afterThe switches control , pause / play ,  previous  , next , delete track from play list and drive , volume up and down , etc

The Weather station / monitor , which is a never ending story .
This project started on the Arduino moved to the Flyport and as now moved to the Raspberry Pi Model A I hope soon.

The project now monitors air temperature inside / outside and sends the data to cosm and thingspeak ,  the temperature changes the colour of the rbg led.
Too hot is red , too cold is blue and just nice is green .
The full project is controlling the solar powered garden lights , which is state of charge / discharge is monitored.

All in all , it learning about programming and the best way to learn is find a project you can add too , as more you learn the more complex to gets.

 
  


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peter,
    I'm interested on your breadboards.
    I need to use ULN2803, MCP3008 and MCP23017.
    Can you send me a picture of your connections?
    I need to know where I had to connect my MCP3008 on my MCP23017.

    Thanks a lot
    idem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry , about not replying to your comment.
      Been working hard and not had the change to work on any project , so not used my blog in nearly a year now.

      Hope you have found have to use all the I2C goods

      regards Peter

      Delete